Some ‘tings are so good.. they just speak for themselves.
This is one of ‘dem ‘tings…
|Shrimp Scampi with a triage of peppers|
Find more fantabulous recipes, tips and tricks at [url href="http://www.thekitchenwhisperer.net"]www.thekitchenwhisperer.net[/url]. Also, join our TKW Family on [url href="http://www.facebook.com/thekitchenwhisperer"]Facebook[/url]
- 1/2 pound Angel Hair
- 24 peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 red pepper sliced thin
- 1/2 orange pepper sliced thin
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tbl chopped red onions
- 2 tbl minced garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3tbl butter
- 2 tbl olive oil
- ½ cup heavy cream (can use half and half) *See note
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- Salt/pepper to taste
- *note: If you wish to not use heavy cream or half and half, make a basic roux of butter/flour and fat free milk. This will definitely cut back the calories considerably.
- Boil pasta for 4 minutes
- At the same time, sauté peppers in butter and olive oil for 5 minutes
- Add in the red pepper flakes and onions – sauté for 3 minutes
- In the boiling pasta, add the broccoli and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mix well – cook 2 minutes
- Add in the shrimp and stir – cook the shrimp for 3-5 minutes or until pink. DO NOT OVER COOK!
- Add the cooked pasta and broccoli to the other pan with the peppers reserving ½-1 cup of pasta water.
- Add in the cream and parmesan cheese and bring to a slight boil (just until it slightly thickens)
- If too thick add in ½ cup of the reserved pasta water, remove from heat.
- Salt pepper to taste