This, topped with this would be AMAZING! This is one of those dishes that reminds me of summer but what I love most about it is you can make it on the grill outdoors or in your oven all year round. Can’t you just picture this either as whole breasts or wings and the Roasted Corn Avocado Black Bean chutney along with chips and salsa for the Playoffs? Watching the Steelers kick butt and takin’ names!
|Broiled Tequila Lime Chicken|
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 Tbl fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup really good tequila – seriously if you use $5 tequila it’s going to taste like it.
- 1 t fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder – you can use regular chili powder in a pinch but most grocery stores have an ethnic aisle. You should be able to find it there.
- 1 T olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients minus the chicken in a glass bowl mixing well.
- Add the chicken, cover and allow it to marinate for a half hour at room temp. The acids in lime juice cook the chicken- so you want to avoid marinating too long.
- Preheat broiler on high placing the oven rack on next to the highest rack.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard any remaining marinade.
- Spray broiler pan with Pam or high-heat oven spray and broil for 3-5 minutes per side or until cook through and the juices run clear.