This trifle is so super simple but soooooooo over-the-top-insanely-amazingly-good that this can be YOUR signature dessert! People will request you to bring this for every event. And the more you make the the more creative you can get. Perhaps add a layer of fudge in there or maybe some ganache? Instead of a mascarpone filling, perhaps a chocolate silk filling.
Now if you really wanted to make it more decadent make home made brownies instead of store bought ones. Or better yet, order them from me – trust me, there are no better brownies than mine!
|Raspberry Brownie Trifle with Mascarpone filling|
- 1 pan of fudge brownies (no nuts) (9×13” pan)
- 1 cup very cold whole milk
- ½ cup very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups cool whip
- 4-5 cups raspberries (fresh) or you can do ½ raspberries and ½ strawberries (fresh)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (shaved or grated)
- Set aside one cup or berries (leave strawberries whole if using them) for garnish.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, cream and pudding mix for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken, about 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 2 minutes – you don’t want it to set completely.
- In a mixer with paddle attachment, beat mascarpone cheese until smooth.
- Add in the pudding mixture and beat until well blended and thick and puffy (like thick whipped cream).
- Fold in cool whip.
- Cut up the brownies into 1” pieces.
- Line the bottom of a 3-qt. trifle or glass serving bowl with a third of the brownies.
- Top with a third of the berries, grated chocolate and cream mixture.
- Repeat, creating 3 layers of each, finishing off with the mascarpone cream and shaved chocolate.
- Garnish with berries on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.