Baked Corn on the Cob
Quinoa Summer Salad
and now tequila lime chicken
Now I’ve made Tequila Lime Chicken before and it’s super yummy but I wanted to revamp the recipe and make it even more awesomer. Yes.. it’s a TKW word
I definitely did that with this revised recipe. Plus this is pan-seared though it easily can be grilled (well that is if you live in my house and Mr. Fantabulous goes out and gets the propane tanks filled *HINT HINT darling husband*).
I’m short on time this morning as I’m meeting one of my girlfriends for a day of shopping…
|Tequila Lime Chicken – Revamped and even more awesomer!|
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 Tbl garlic, minced
- |1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup really good tequila
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbl honey
- 1 Tbl fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients minus the chicken in a glass bowl mixing well.
- Add the chicken, cover and allow it to marinate for a half hour at room temp. Do not let this sit for more than 30 minutes as the acid in the juices will cook the chicken.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard any remaining marinade.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes each side or until the internal temperature is 165.