I’m not a big fan of waffles and pancakes but Mr. Fantabulous LOOOOOOOOOOOOVES them. And he loves mine 🙂
And since I love him, he woke up to these…
Now remember, you can make these ANYTIME..
Plus waffles are very versatile – they can be savory, sweet, used in lieu of breads and so forth…
- 1 cup + 2 Tbl flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbl + 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Buttermilk (don’t buy it, just make you own!)
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 Tbl butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In another bowl mix together the butter milk, egg yolk butter and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg white until soft peaks form (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture and whisk just until incorporated. You do not want it smooth.
- Gently fold in the egg white
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
- Spray your hot iron with non-stick spray.
- Ladle in about 1/3 of a cup (or however much your waffle iron directions call for) and cook for 3-5 minutes or until done. Again, follow your machine’s directions.
And what good cook would make something without trying them???
I made mine with Candied Cinnamon Pecans and a Maple Mascarpone Glaze