Okay so as you can tell, I REALLY LOVED that Cheesy Hefeweizen Spread! I mean what, 4 adaptations of it in the past few days? Heck, truth be told – I took the Cheesy Chicken Chilies Hefeweizen Spread and used that as the filling for quesadillas. Topped them puppies with some sour cream and my kick-ass Guacamole. OMG talk about a mouth ‘gasm! LOL
I literally have consumed about a quart of this myself over the past 3 days. As my mother used to say “you’re gonna turn in to that if you keep eating it”. I think she may be right here!
These are an AMAZING addition to any party table, football or hockey party, poker night or even one of those “man I need something awesome to eat” post-bar night!
|Drunken Cheesy Chicken Chilies Stuffed Baby Peppers||
- 1 cup of the Cheesy Chicken Chilies Hefeweizen Spread, warmed slightly
- 12-15 baby bell peppers
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a pan with foil.
- Cut off the top of the pepper (about 1/4” down).
- Gently remove the seeds and ribbing as best as possible without splitting the pepper open.
- Stuff each pepper with 1-2Tbl of the spread overstuffing slightly.
- Place the top on the pepper and lay down on the pan starting close to the rim of the pan. You want to rest the pepper top against the edge of the pan.
- Continue stuffing the rest of the peppers and lining them on the pan. Try not to overlap but rather the peppers next to one another and then in between each other.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and move the rack to the next to the top rung and turn on the broiler.
- Spray each pepper lightly with cooking spray and place the pan back in the oven.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes just to get a slight char on the pepper.
- Remove from the oven and plate.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes and then consume…a lot of ‘em but don’t blame me if you can’t stop eating them! They are super addictive!
You can use regular sized peppers. I would increase the cooking to about 30-35 minutes or until the peppers are slightly soft (I like a tad bit of firmness to mine) and the filling it heated through completely.