I know, you’re probably wondering “Why in the world would I ever need Peanut Butter Simple Syrup???”
Trust me, you’ll thank me in the next post! Most of you know to use simple syrups in drinks; i.e, mojitos. However simple syrups are not just for drinks.
Next time you make a cake, muffin, cookie, sweet bread or any dessert really, brush the top with a flavor simple syrup. It’s insanely good!
Making this stuff couldn’t be any easier…
Literally put the sugar and water in a pan. When the sugar is dissolved and it starts to bubble, add the peanut butter and cook until slightly thick.
Yeah.. THAT simple.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a medium heavy bottom pan over medium heat add the sugar and water.
- Stir occasionally or until the sugar is all dissolved.
- Once dissolved, add in the peanut butter and stir well.
- Bring to a rolling boil stirring every so often. Keep an eye on it as it has the potential to bubble over. The whole process should take 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and store in a glass lidded jar. No need to refrigerate.