“I’ve been a bad, bad girl…” I’m pretty sure I’m going to hell for coming up with this recipe and for eating it. Thing is, if this is hell.. then baby I’m home! LOL We’re talking chocolate, bacon AND Fritos! Life does not get any better than this!
So while I normally would entertain you with witty chatter right now I know all you really want is the recipe for this. However be patient as I need to ‘splain how this recipe came about. Remember me telling you how I accidentally came up with the Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce the other day and how Fritos were involved? Well those Fritos and that sauce led to this…
See every Christmas I try to come up with a new Bark recipe. I already have this one, this one and this one posted. Well this year was a HUGE year for me with Bacon. From the Man Candy Series to it being a huge hit in several recipes, I felt it was only befitting to include in a bark recipe.
Are you turned off by the thought of bacon, Fritos and chocolate?
Are you turned on by it? *wicked grin* LOL
If you’re looking for a last minute gift, this is PERFECT! It doesn’t discriminate nor does it judge. All it does is satisfy in a BIG way and will surely earn you beaucoup points with those that receive it! Make a tray of it, then place the pieces in a pretty jar or container, wrap some ribbon around it and if I were you, attach a drool bib with it as a pseudo-joke (cause they will drool over how amazing this stuff is!).
Have I kept you in suspense enough or are you one of those that scroll all the way to the bottom just for the recipe? Hmmm…. *raises an eyebrow at you* Yeah, I know who you people are. LOLPrint
- 4 cups Fritos
- 2–3 cups Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce, warmed
- 10 strips CRISPY bacon, chopped or crumbled
- 2 cups milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
- Line a 15×10” jelly roll pan with foil.
- Lightly spray.
- In a double boiler over simmering water (ensuring that the bottom of the top pan doesn’t touch the water in the bottom pan) melt the chocolate until smooth and creamy.*
- Pour all but 1 cup of chocolate into the pan.
- Gently spread even.
- Place the pan in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan (the chocolate should not be all the way set – just slightly firm.
- Sprinkle on 2 cups of Fritos and half of the bacon.
- Pour the Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce over top trying to cover everything.
- Top with the remaining Fritos, bacon and drizzle on the remaining chocolate sauce.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or until the chocolate is firm and hard.
- Place the ‘brick’ onto a large cutting board and with a very sharp knife, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
Alternatively, you can melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments. Melt it in a glass bowl.