Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that just taste so good… This was my very late dinner tonight. With Mr. Fantabulous still recovering from surgery yesterday making dinner tonight was the last thing on my mind. However around 10pm my tummy started to rumble and then it hit me… DOH! You didn’t eat today! Trust me, that’s NOT a bad thing (my thighs are thanking me for their impromptu starvation diet today) but I had to get something in my system.
So like most of you at one point or another, stood there fridge door wide open staring into the vast whiteness. Now my fridge is loaded to the max but absolutely nothing appealed to until I got to the veggie drawer and there I saw it… fresh so flippin red strawberries and fresh spinach. Literally the below dinner took me all of 10 minutes to make. My only regret about dinner was that I didn’t make 2 of them as it was THAT good!Print
- 2 cups fresh spinach, rinsed
- 1 chicken breast, pan seared with salt & pepper and cut into strips or bite-size pieces.
- 3–4 strawberries, cleaned and cut into thick slices
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 Tbl butter
- 1 Tbl brown sugar
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Raspberry Vinaigrette*
- Put the butter in a sauté pan on medium heat.
- When melted add in the pecans and stir to coat with the butter.
- Add in the brown sugar and stir for 5-7 minutes until the sugar begins to caramelize and you can smell the nuts ‘toasting’.
- Turn off the heat and move to a cool burner on your stove.
- Add the spinach leaves to a bowl.
- Add the chicken and strawberries.
- Next sprinkle over the warm sugared pecans.
- Add a pinch of fresh cracked pepper.
- Drizzle with Raspberry Vinaigrette.