- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed WITH THE SKINS removed
- 1–2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I prefer kosher)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Parsley for garnish
- Add the water, lemon juice and tahini to a food processor/blender.
- Blend on high until the tahini becomes fluffy and light in color.
- Add in the garlic, salt, paprika and cumin.
- Blend until pureed.
- With the machine running add in the oil and process until incorporated.
- While running add the shelled chickpeas a little at a time. If it seems too thick add a little bit more water.
- Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.