- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, peeled and seeded cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 of a large yellow pepper, seeded and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 15–20 cherry tomatoes, either whole or cut into half lengthways
- 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbl fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or 2 Tbl Italian dressing
- Cook the quinoa and stock per the package directions.
- When done, transfer cooked quinoa to a bowl. At this point you can let this come to room temp, chill or eat warm.
- Add in the vegetables and seasoning.
- Mix gently.
- Season to taste with more salt/pepper and optional Italian dressing.
*Note 1: these were the only veggies I had on hand. You could most certainly use any other type of veggies!
*Note 2: To make it non-vegetarian, this would be AWESOME with chilled shrimp, cilantro and shredded carrots!