Yeah I know, enough with 5 posts in pretty much a row about your Ode to Pesto.. LOL Last one for a while, promise 🙂
- Homemade Pesto
- Preserving your Pesto
- Pesto Crab Pepper Spaghetti Squash
- Creamy Pesto Crab Cappelinni
- Pesto Stuffed Loin of Pork
I. LOVE. THIS!
I can’t wait to have our next party as I’m definitely making these! They took barely any time and are so friggen good. They are simple, don’t have to be hot when served and elegant. You could easily chop up the tomatoes or leave them whole like I did. Or you can do as I did on some and omit the tomatoes. Yeah.. guess who those were for *wink*. LOL yes, I still have my aversion to squishy tomatoes.Print
- 1 French Baguette, sliced into 1/2” slices, slightly angled
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 12 slices fresh mozzarella, cut in half
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl mix together the tomatoes olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 375F.
- On a clean baking sheet place the bread slices and lightly spray each one with olive oil.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly (~1 minute).
- Spread 1 – 1 1/2 tsp of pesto on each slice.
- Top with the mozzarella cheese and a few roasted tomato slices.
- At this point you can serve OR you can pop them under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to slightly melt the cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt if desired.
You could chop up the tomatoes once they come out of the oven from roasting and dollop them on top of the pesto.
You could add roasted garlic on top, cooked shrimp as well.