FINALLY a cookie that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating one… or three! These protein packed Guiltless Chewy Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with protein powder and low sugar! These are absolutely DELICIOUS!
So we all love desserts in some form – cakes, cookies, pies, brownies, bark, candies, etc. Wouldn’t it be AWESOME if you could “have your cake and eat it too” WITHOUT the guilt? Being The Kitchen Whisperer I take pride in providing a variety of recipes that appeals to everyone in one way or another – diabetic, gluten-free, vegetarian, meat lovers, seafoodies and so forth. I’ve always said on here and on both Facebook and Twitter that if anyone ever needed help converting a recipe to a healthier version (when not listed) to just contact me. Now granted not all recipes can be converted while still retaining that awesome taste but we do our best.
And by now you all know that I personally tend to eat a high protein diet with a good 1.5-2 hours of working out a day (yeah plus work my real job AND run TKW) but the passion and drive is in me so I do it. However we all have those days where spinach doesn’t cut it when all you want in life is ice cream, cookies and well.. “junk food” as deemed by society.
What if I told you that I’ve come up with some really awesome HEALTHY (I’m calling them Guiltless) ‘treats’ that you can eat, still have the same pleasure as gorging down cheesecake without having remorse later. Now granted this doesn’t mean that “Hey if it’s healthy or guiltless I can eat an entire dozen of these cookies and plop on the couch for 6 hours.” Um no, hardly. What it is saying is that you can have dessert without the guilt, still have amazing flavors and get that same awesome taste satisfaction. Do you still have to watch what you eat? Of course (unless you’re one of those lucky people like Mr. Fantabulous that can eat everything and anything and not gain an ounce -fyi..I secretly hate you *wink*) and yes you still have to work out but you really don’t have to deprive yourself. Well okay, still follow doctor’s orders, naturally but if you want a treat that is good for you, high in protein AND taste amazing, I suggest you follow these posts using Protein Powders by SI03.
I 1 bajillion percent swear by their products. My favorites are the Syntrax Nectars and Micellar Cremes. They blend perfectly into your milk, water, juice, baked goods and every day foods. There is NO chalky taste (you know me folks; you know what a HUGE food snob I am!) and the taste. Good LORD the taste is INCREDIBLE! I’ve yet to find a flavor that I dislike. As you come to know, Mr. Fantabulous has been doing body building for years and swore by ‘his’ protein powder. I tried his, a few times, but couldn’t get past the smell and the taste. I needed something that appealed to all my senses – great flavor, no gross smells and useability. I came across SI03 and Syntrax a few years back. Literally I fell in love after my first taste. I’ve been hooked ever since. As the years went by I noticed my stash of protein powder was going down faster than usual. I knew I wasn’t drinking that much. I come to find out that Mr. Fantabulous fell in love with mine and no longer wanted his.
Now let’s dish on Whey Protein Isolate versus Whey Protein Concentrate. First, I am no where near an expert on this; I only know what I’ve come to learn and be educated on. The first ingredient in the Nectars is Whey Protein Isolate. There are various schools of theory on which is better isolate versus concentrate. Personally I feel the isolate is better as it’s a more purified protein which means it’s more pure protein. Whey isolate usually contains between 90-94% protein while whey concentrate has a protein ratio of around 70-85%. It’s also better for those that are lactose intolerant.
Now, let’s get to the good stuff. DESSERT!
LOOK at these cookies! I mean they just scream “SCRUMPTIOUS!”
But if you listen closer you’ll really hear “I’m SCRUMPTIOUS AND GUILTLESS!!!”
Yep, these are packed with protein with the addition of the Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte Protein Powder!
The Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte Protein Powder:
♥ Mixes instantly and completely with a spoon
♥ Has ZERO Sugar and ZERO FAT – Zilch, Nada, ZIP! WOO HOO!
♥ Has Promina™ Whey Isolate
♥ Comes in DELICIOUS Gourmet Sweet Flavors
♥ and is Lactose AND Gluten Free!!!
But most of all, coming from this UBER FOOD SNOB… it tastes AMAZING!!!
I’m taking Protein Powders and going above and beyond the shake. We’re baking and cooking with it!
Every now and then I need a break from the shake. By even having a couple cookies with a smaller protein shake below I’m getting the protein I need PLUS even more amazing flavors. Plus most importantly I can eat COOKIES!
When I first made these and took them out of the oven the smell was HEAVENLY! When they cooled enough to try I got ‘A BITE’ of one… Mr. Fantabulous did the taste test then realized he needed to ‘taste test’ the rest of the batch! LOL I’ve made these 3 times in 2 weeks and am IN LOVE!
I definitely recommend using this product and checking them out on Facebook @Syntrax Products!Print
- 1/4 cup Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte Protein Powder
- 2 cups Quick Cooking Oats, divided *not instant or steel cut
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbl light brown sugar (or equal parts Steviva plus 2 Tbl molasses or 2 Tbl plus 1 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbl Coconut Oil, softened (you can use unsalted butter in place if you’d prefer)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste (can use vanilla or coconut extract in place)
- 1 extra large whole egg (or 3 1/2 Tbl egg whites)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raw coconut flakes *optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Put 1 cup of the oats in a food processor and grind to form a powder.
- Place the oat flour, the remaining cup of oats, Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte Protein Powder, brown sugar, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Turn on low to combine briefly.
- Add in the egg, vanilla bean paste and softened coconut oil.
- Mix to combine. The mixture will be very moist but almost look clumpy. That’s OK.
- Add in the chips (plus optional coconut) and mix just until combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (about a 1” round scoop – 2 tsp), scoop up some dough and gently press the bottom to ‘pack’ the dough in.
- Place on the parchment lined paper 2 1/2” apart.
- If desired, slightly press the top of the cookie down. Doesn’t affect the cookie, just the shape (if you want domed or more round).
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the tops of just starting to turn golden brown. They will give slightly to the touch.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack for 2 minutes then remove the cookies from the pan and place on the rack to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an air tight container.