There are days when simplicity is the key. You get home and the dish fair has done your dishes, laundry is done/folded/put away, weeds are pulled, dinner is made (tyvm Mr. Crockpot for doing all of the work). Where, the only thing you really have to worry about food-wise when you get home is dessert. This dessert could not be any more simpler. It’s packed with protein and the taste is just incredible. It’s super easy to make with only a handful of ingredients however the end result is pure bliss!
Partnering with SI03 and their AMAZING Syntrax Protein Powders has been a true blessing. I’ve preached to the choir about the superior quality of their powders, the health benefits and how incredible they taste. You NEED to order this stuff! If you’re interested in getting some (which I HIGHLY recommend), shoot me an email as my dear friends at SI03 have a special offer for TKW Family members!
Growing up my mother ALWAYS had Apple Crisp in the house. It was simple, inexpensive to make and fed a big family – even 4 ginormous older brothers! But most of all it was the taste. Whether it was straight out of the oven or out of the fridge, it tasted AMAZING! When I got the Apple Ecstasy flavor and opened it up I knew immediately what I wanted to make. Mom’s apple crisp. The smell instantly took me back ‘home’.
Now while back then (you know, 100 years ago when I was young) there was no such thing as Coconut Oil or protein powder like this. It was just unheard of using it in baking. You used flour, pure butter and all full fat stuff. Now granted it tasted amazing but my goal here is to give you that same ‘full fat’ flavor but without the fat or guilt. I want pleasure with my foods, not guilt. I work out way too much to blow it on a 1500 calorie dessert. As I was going through her recipe I had to make a good bit of tweaks to get that same taste as hers but adapting it to a more ‘healthified’ version.
As this was baking, Mr. Fantabulous came out from the office nose in the air sniffing away. Gotta love my ‘silent’ way to call him, huh? Trust me – if you have something amazing cooking you don’t have to call them for dinner, the smell will bring to yhou. When this came out of the oven all bubbly and sizzling, I was in LOVE. However I had to let it cool for 5 minutes. I am not a fan of burning my mouth and tongue. Bandaids don’t stick to the inside of your mouth… just sayin! LOL
- 1 cup rolled oats, not instant (can use Gluten Free oats)
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled and sliced into 1/4” slices
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Syntrax Nectar Apple Ecstasy Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar (or roughly 1 1/2 teaspoon Splenda Brown Sugar Blend)
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil, softened but not melted (can use equal amounts butter)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly butter or spray 2 8ounce ramekins.
- In a bowl mix together the oats, 1/4 cup Syntrax Nectar Apple Ecstasy Protein Powder, corn starch, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Add in the coconut oil and gently with a fork mix it in to form a crumbly texture.
- Put the apple slices in a bowl and mix with the 1 tablespoon Syntrax Nectar Apple Ecstasy Protein Powder.
- Place the apple slices in the ramekins and then evenly divide the streusel topping over top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the apples are softened, fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- If desired serve with a scoop of vanilla bean frozen yogurt.