When SI03 sent me their Syntrax Protein Powder Matrix 2.0 Mint Cookie I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to make with it! I mean EXACTLY! See I have a deep seeded passion for chocolate and mint but mainly in a brownie type form. It just, for me, goes perfectly together. Kind of like peanut butter & jelly, eggs ‘n ketchup (shush… I like it!), hot salted fries dipped in ice cream (again, shush! Don’t judge my quirks) and Mr. Fantabulous and I ♥. It just makes “sense“.
As I was creating this recipe and mixing it all up I decided to go more towards the cookie route but still retaining that brownie-like texture. All I can tell you is that when these came out of the oven and cooled it took everything I had to stop from eating the entire pan! I mean they are THAT GOOD! I was in pure fudgy chocolatey minty heaven! To the point that when Mr. Fantabulous came into the kitchen he actually busted out laughing at me… well my face to be exact as I looked like a 5 year old kid with chocolate all over my cheeks and hands (they were still hot from the oven thus the chocolate was all melty gooey). LOL It wasn’t until he went to get the camera and threatened to post pictures of my minted fudge covered face on here did I put the tray down and step away. LOL
I’ve preached to the choir on the amazing nutritional value Syntrax Protein Powders have. I’ve stated 900 bajillion times that the taste is literally THE BEST ON THE MARKET! I believe in this product as I’m living proof that it works, it gives me the protein I need in some of the most amazing flavors.
If you haven’t tried it yet, um why not? You will LOVE LOVE LOVE these! Plus TKW Family members, click the Contact Me Link to find out how you can get an EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT!!!
Now as you can see since I wanted to make this chocolate, I went with 2 types of protein powder! I know, crazy right!!! But double the flavor and make even more fantastical!!!
Plus they are Gluten-Free and Diabetic Friendly!
But these fudgy brownie cookies…
I mean seriously.. LOOK AT THOSE!!! I ate almost an entire tray myself!
… and I didn’t feel guilty at all because it was healthy and good for me! Well okay, maybe a tad guilty as one person really shouldn’t eat 5 cookies at once… alone…and grin from ear to ear *wink*
Now if you don’t mind, I have a few of these waiting for me since I just ran 5 miles.Print
- 2 Avocados, halved and pit removed *See note for substitutions
- 3 Tbl egg whites
- 1/2 cup Syntrax Matrix 2.0 Mint Cookie Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Syntrax Nectars Sweets Chocolate Truffle Protein Powder
- 2 Tbl double dutch dark cocoa
- 1 Tbl corn starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar (for sugar free use 3/4 cup Splenda and 2 Tbl cornstarch – put in a food processor until a find powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate or mint chocolate chips *optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the avocado flesh in a food processor and process until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer the avocado puree to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Add in the egg whites and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add in the mint extract and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl add the Protein Powders, cocoa, corn starch, baking powder, and confectioners’ sugar and whisk to combine.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry mix a little at a time.
- Scrape down the bowl as needed.
- When all the dry mix has been added, add in the chips and mix just until combined (maybe 10 seconds on low).
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Take 1 1/2 heaping tablespoons of the mixture and place on the parchment paper. You can mound it as it’ll spread slightly. Place 1 ½” apart (I got 16 on a 14”x16” tray).
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until set. They will be slightly soft.
- Place the pan on a cooling rack for 3 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, gently remove the cookies from the parchment and place on the cooling rack. They will be soft and almost cake-like.
- Cool completely prior to storage.
- To store, place a piece of wax paper or parchment between each cookie.
- Store in air tight container.
If you do not have avocados, you can use 1 cup softened unsalted butter or 1 cup softened (NOT MELTED!) coconut oil