- 6–7 lb. boneless beef short ribs, trimmed
- 1/2–1 cup water
- 5–6 cups Bacon BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbl sea salt
- 1 Tbl celery salt
- 1 Tbl smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbl fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 4 Tbl dark brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the salts, spices and brown sugar.
- Pat the ribs dry with a clean paper towel.
- Rub spice mix onto all sides of the ribs.
- Place in a crock pot.
- Add about 1/2-1 cup water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove from the crock and using a fork, shred meat into bite-size pieces, discarding any fat or sinew.
- Toss with warm Bacon BBQ sauce.
I served these on sliders, on pizza with caramelized onions, in a casserole with bbq baked beans and baked potato slices.