- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus extra if needed for thinner consistency)
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread sesame seeds on a parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet, and bake for 6 minutes.
- Toss the seeds and re-spread out and bake for 6-8 min or until sesame seeds
- are fragrant and golden brown.
- Immediately remove from the pan and place in a bowl to cool down.
- Add to food processor bowl.
- Grind for 1 minute, or until seeds have broken down.
- With the processor on, drizzle in olive oil, and continue to grind until a smooth paste forms (~1-2 minutes). If mixture is too dry, then add more olive oil, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Season to taste.
- Store in glass jar (covered) in the fridge. Will last for about a month.