- 3 cups frozen whole strawberries (or fresh, hulled)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- 1/2 tsp butter
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat add in the strawberries, sugar and vanilla bean pod and seeds.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce thickens; stirring occasionally.
- If the mixture starts to foam, add in the butter and stir.
- Remove vanilla bean and discard.
- Pour all but 1/3 cup into a bowl.
- Using an immersion blender, puree.
- Pour this back with the remaining 1/3 cup.
- Allow to slightly cool.
- Pour into a glass jar and cover.
- Store in the refrigerator or follow a water bath canning method to jar and save for gifts… or all for yourself!