- 2 cups crushed pretzels (maybe about 4 cups before you crush them)
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups hot fudge sauce, warmed
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar (regular or confectioners) – I used confectioner’s
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip (or whipped cream).
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoon strawberry Jello mix
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
Make the crust
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl combine the pretzels, butter and brown sugar.
- Line a pan with foil if not using a springform pan.
- Press firmly into a 10 inch tart pan or 8×8″ glass pan lined with buttered foil (with a 1″ overhang)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the hot fudge on the bottom.
- Cool completely ~30-45 minutes.
Make the cream cheese filling
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and spread into completely cooled crust.
Make the strawberry topping
- Combine the sugar, water, and corn starch and bring to a full, rolling boil on the stove.
- Boil for two minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the Jello and whisk until combined.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Arrange the berries on top of the cream cheese layer and then drizzle the Jello mixture over the berries, trying to cover each berry.
- Refrigerate uncovered at least 3 hours or until the Strawberry Topping jello layer is firm.