There are some days when it comes to dinner, simplicity is best. Tonight was no exception…
Now while it looks like 987 steps, it’s really not. I just had a hard time figuring out how to type it. It’s one of those where you need to ‘see’ it being done but I have faith that you all can master this!
This triple-decker club is packed with pure YUM!
Triple Cheese, spinach, oven roasted turkey, Virginia baked ham with an amazing, an surprising parmesan spread.
Don’t you just want to dive right into that sammich and roll around in the ooey gooey cheese?
I ♥ cheese the mostest!
I mean seriously, just LOOK at this thing!
You gotta make this; you just gotta!
- 3 thick slices of White or Brioche Bread
- 3 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3 heaping tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 2–3 slices oven roasted turkey
- 2–3 slices Virginia baked ham
- 3 slices provolone
- 4 ounces sliced fontina
- 12–16 large spinach leaves (about a good handful size)
- Place a griddle pan over medium-low heat. You want to grill this low and slow
- Using a pastry brush, brush 1 side of each slice of bread with about 2 -2 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Place buttered side down on the pan.
- While the bread is browning, mix the mustard with the remaining melted butter.
- Lightly brush the tops of the bread with the mustard mixture and evenly divide the parmesan on top.
- Using your fingers lightly spread out the parmesan and press down into the mustard butter mixture.
- After 3-5 minutes check the bottom of the bread. You want a golden brown sear on it.
- Once browned, flip the bread over.
- On one piece of bread add 1 slice of provolone, the turkey, half of the spinach and top with half of the fontina.
- On a second piece of bread add 1 slice of provolone, the ham, rest of the spinach, remaining fontina and last piece of provolone.
- Take the remaining piece of bread and place it on top of the ham/cheese/spinach/fontina bread slice – browned side down on the provolone (the side without the mustard mixture).
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the bottom s of the 2 breads are golden brown.
- Place the piece that has the ham (with 2 slices of bread – top piece having the uncooked mustard mixture) on top of the other bread (turkey).
- Gently holding with your hand on top, flip the sandwich over with a spatula placing the mustard side down.
- Take your spatula and gently press down.
- To help melt the cheese, take a large metal bowl and place over the sandwich. This will cause steam and melt the cheese super-fast. Keep this on for only 20-30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl (watch as it will be HOT!) and press down slightly.
- Check your bread and if it’s golden brown, remove from the pan and dig in!
Parmesan Crusted Turkey, Spinach, Avodaco, Gouda Panini
– Instead of using turkey, ham, fontina and provolone in the original recipe use all oven roasted turkey, baby spinach, sliced avocado and smoked gouda.