- 5 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
- 6–7 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream (plus additional if needed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Place the potatoes in a deep pot and cover with cold water. You want the potatoes to be covered with 1-2” of water.
- Place the pot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook for 30 to 35 minutes. When they’re cooked through, the fork should easily slide into the potatoes with no resistance.
- Drain the potatoes in large colander. Place in a large bowl and add the cream cheese.
- Add the butter, milk and cream to the now empty potato pot and heat up til the butter is melted and the mixture is warmed..
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes and cream cheese. Mash the potatoes until they are creamy. If they appear a bit thick add in a few tablespoon of cream until desired consistency.
- Add in the salt and pepper and mix.; tasting for seasoning.Garnish with a pat of butter on top.