- 4 lbs chicken wings, halved at joints, wingtips set aside (save for stock)
- 1 Tbl baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1–2 cups Sticky Honey BBQ Sauce
- Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and set rack inside.
- Carefully dry chicken wings with paper towels.
- Place wings in a bag, add the baking powder and salt.
- Shake evenly.
- Place on rack, leaving slight space between each wing.
- Place baking sheet with wings in refrigerator and allow to rest, uncovered, at least 8 hours. This draws out the moisture.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add chicken wings and cook for 20 minutes.
- Flip wings and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown, 15 to 25 minutes longer or until internal temperature is 165F.
- While the wings are cooking, heat up your bbq sauce in a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- When the wings are done, place them in a large bowl (can do in batches) and pour over 1 cup of warmed bbq sauce.
- Using tongs or simply just tossing the wings in the bowl coat with the sauce. This will just give you a light coating. If you want more sauce, add more. I prefer them smothered in sauce while Mr. Fantabulous likes them just lightly coated. I’ll lightly coat his and then dip my coated wings in the extra sauce.