We all know I have a deep love for SI03 and their FANTASTICAL Syntrax Protein Powders – seriously you NEED to check them out Facebook @Syntrax Products! Well while I was off recuperating from surgery I wanted some sweets though since I couldn’t work out I had to watch what I ate. Knowing this traditional ‘goodies’ were off limits. So as I was sitting there craving some kind of decadent chocolate dish I spied my Syntrax Matrix 2.0 Mint Cookie Protein Powder and it was like a light went off! I COULD have my sweet treat and not feel guilty about it!
Since these are personal portions I was able to make enough just for me (well okay I had to make a couple since Mr. Fantabulous needs to eat as well… LOL). And also since I wasn’t allowed to really be on my feet for very long or cook I took the easy route and let the microwave do all the work for me.
What’s awesome about this recipe is that you can make these in under a few minutes and really make the recipe work for you. Instead of mint you could go with all chocolate. You could do vanilla with white chocolate chips and coconut. The ingredients just vary slightly.
However since I LOVE the Mint Cookie Protein powder I needed this flavor combination!
Yeah seriously, THIS is healthy, packed with protein AND you can eat this… GUILT FREE!
Just LOOK how fudgy this thing is! I mean it’s insane!
Wanna know the best part out of all of this? It was in my mouth is under 3 minutes! How’s that for awesome?!
Needless to say this thing totally cured me of my sweet tooth/gotta have cake NOW moment. I’ve made this recipe umpteen ways since first coming up with it using a variety of the Syntrax Protein Powders. The Peanut butter one with chocolate in it! Lord have mercy! I felt like I was committing a sin when eating it *wink* LOL
Tell me that doesn’t make you want to get up off of your booty and crawl into your screen right now and eat this?! I’d offer you one but um.. no, get your own! These things are way too awesome to share! LOL
Now for those that say they can’t have birthday cakes because they are watching their calories and so forth, well now you can! You can have that cake AND eat it too!
Okay seriously, my stomach is starting to growl right now because I’m remembering just how amazing the flavors were with this. It’s creamy and fudgy, thick and chocolately plus that addition of mint and coconut! Mmmmm!
You so need to make this!Print
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoon melted chocolate chips (or can use 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa), slightly cooled
- 2 teaspoon Syntrax Matrix 2.0 Mint Cookie Protein Powder
- 1 large egg or 3 teaspoon egg whites
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar or 6 teaspoon Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Chocolate Extract
- 2 tablespoon Raw Coconut Flakes
- In a heatproof 8 ounce Ramekin or mug (both lightly sprayed with cooking spray), stir together the flour, baking powder, protein powder, brown sugar and salt with a fork until there are no lumps.
- In a small bowl beat together the milk, egg, oil, cooled chocolate and extract.
- Pour into the mug and mix together till just combined.
- Add in the coconut flakes.
- Microwave on medium power for 2-3 minutes or until the top is springy to the touch but still slightly gooey.