- 2 pounds baby potatoes, skin on and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) bag sauerkraut, (bagged, not canned) with liquid
- 1 lb polska (or turkey) kielbasa, cut into 1” slices
- 4–8 beef/pork or all turkey hot dogs, cut into 1” slices
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped small
- 1/2 cup gala apple, peeled and chopped small
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup stock (beef, chicken or pork)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1–2 Tbl olive oil
- parsley for garnish
- In a 5-6 qt Crock Pot, add in half of the sauerkraut, 1/4 cup onions, 1/4cup apples, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp smoked paprika.
- Add olive oil to large skillet over medium-high heat and brown kielbasa slices until nicely caramelized on each cut side. ~5-7 minutes per cut side.
- Place the caramelized slices in the crock pot.
- Add the hotdogs to the skillet and brown on all sides. ~3-4 minutes per side.
- Add on top of the kielbasa.
- Add the remaining sauerkraut, water, stock, onions, apples, brown sugar, chili powder and smoked paprika.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour on low.
- Add potatoes and cook for another 3 hours or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Sprinkle top with parsley and serve.
If you don’t have one, I recommend this 5-6 qt Crock Pot! I have it and love it!
I would also suggest serving this with a side of baked beans. It goes PERFECTLY with it!