- 4 cod loins (about a pound)
- 2 Tbl melted butter
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 carrot shredded
- 2 Tbl olive oil
- 1 Tbl plus 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1 green onion, chopped small
- 2 whole avocados, sliced
- 4 10”-12” tortilla, warmed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix the cabbage, carrots, green onions, oil, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp salt, black pepper and sugar. Taste – adjust salt/pepper to liking.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a pie pan mix together the bread crumbs, parsley, 1 tsp salt and 1 Tbl lemon juice.
- Pat dry the fish.
- Put the melted butter in a rimmed plate and coat both sides of the fish in the butter.
- Dredge the fish in the bread crumb mixture coating both sides, shaking the excess gently off.
- Place the fish on the cooling rack, not touching one another.
- Lightly mist with olive oil.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove the fish from the oven.
- On a plate place the warm tortilla.
- Evenly divide up the cabbage mixture in the lower part of the wrap (the side closest to you).
- Top with cod loin and 1/4 of the avocado slices.
- Taking the edge of the tortilla closest to you, fold it up and over the cod and avocado tucking it under the fish and slaw.
- Take one hand and fold in one side of the tortilla and then repeat to the other.
- Tightly roll the tortilla, seam side down.
- Cut in half and serve with a wedge of lemon.
If you prefer your cod without the breading, pat the cod dry.
Mix together melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper and lightly coat each side.
Place on the sprayed cooling rack.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender and opaque.