- 2 grilled chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 4 cups Spring Mix (arugula, frisee, green chard, red shard, green oak lettuce, red oak lettuce, lollo rosa, mizuna and radicchio)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cucumber
- 4 Hard Boiled Baked Eggs, sliced
- 4 slices thick cut bacon cooked crispy and chopped, 1 Tbl bacon grease reserved
- 1 whole avocado, pitted and cubed
- 2 cups fresh corn off of the cob
- 1 cup crumbled feta
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbl fresh lime juice
- 4 Tbl chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
Make the Vinaigrette
- In a bowl add the lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, vinegar and honey.
- Whisk to combine.
- While whisking slowly add in the oil to combine; set aside.
Make the Salad
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat add your bacon grease and heat until melted. Toss in your corn kernels and sauté for 3 minutes stirring to prevent charring. Remove from the heat.
- In 2 large salad bowls add in 2 cups of the spring mix each.
- Next down the middle add 3/4 cup of the cucumber to each bowl.
- On each side of the cucumber add the egg slices, evenly dividing between the plates.
- On the outside of that add the corn.
- Turn each plate 90 degrees and add the chicken down the center followed by the bacon on each side of that and then the avocado cubes on each side of the bacon.
- Top each salad with 1/2 cup crumbled feta.
- Whisk the vinaigrette again and ladle on.
This makes 2 HUGE salads as a meal. You can easily adjust to smaller portions.