- 1 yellow onion, cut into small pieces
- 2 stalks of celery cut in small chunks, including the leaves
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2” rounds
- 3lbs boneless beef roast
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 Tbl garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 10 Fresh basil leaves
- 1 lb wide egg noodles plus 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Layer onions, celery, garlic and carrots on the bottom of your 5qrt crock pot bowl.
- Season roast with salt and pepper and place on top of vegetables in cooker.
- In a bowl mix together the beef stock, basil, oregano, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and half of the crushed tomatoes.
- Pour the mixture over top the roast. *Note the liquid should only come up no more than 1/2-2/3rds the way up the roast. You do not want it submerged in the liquid.
- Take the remaining crushed tomatoes and spread out on top of the roast.
- Place the fresh basil leaves in the crushed tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW 9-10 hours.
- When the roast has 25 minutes left of cooking time bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add in 1 1/2 tsp salt and egg noodles and cook until done per the package instructions.
- When done, drain and set aside.
- When the roast is done, it will just fall apart so it’s best to use 2 large slotted serving spoon or spatulas to remove.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes on a serving platter.
- Remove the potatoes (if using) to the platter.
- Skim any fat off of the top and discard.
- Pour the liquid and veggies into a large pot and place over medium low heat.
- Take the beef and lightly shred it on the platter.
- Add the shredded beef to the soup pot (all as little or as much as you want back into the broth)
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Cook for just a few minutes until warmed through.
- In a soup bowl add your egg noodles and then using a ladle, add in your soup mixture over top.
6-8 medium sized potatoes
Add these to the crock pot when you assemble the recipe on top of the roast.
When serving just rough cut up the potatoes
I personally use this Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker! I love it! 6qrt Slow Cooker
If you want an all-in one crock pot, go with this one from All-Clad! I love mine! All-Clad Cast Aluminum Insert 4qrt Slow Cooker