- 2 cups AP flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoon) butter, unsalted and room temperature
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 1/2 cups fresh, whole cranberries
- 16 ounces full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3–4 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F, rack in the middle.
- Grease and flour the Nordic Ware Fleur De Lis Bundt Pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add the cream cheese and sugar. You can also use a hand held mixer.
- Beat until cream cheese and sugar is combined and the mixture is creamy with no lumps.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and orange zest.
- Mix until combined. Scrape the bottom and sides and mix again to incorporate the scrapings. Set aside.
- In another bowl for the stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add in the softened butter and sugar.
- Cream for 5-7 minutes or until the mixture is a pale yellow.
- With the mixer on low, add in the eggs one at a time until all incorporated.
- Add in the orange juice and orange zest and mix.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- With the mixer on low slowly add in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Turn the mixer off, scrape down the sides and mix again just until the scrapings on combined. Do not overmix!
- Remove the bowl from the mixer, clean off the paddle and add in the cranberries.
- Gently fold in the cranberries. The mixture will be thick.
- Using a mixing spoon slowly add the cheesecake mixture to the cake batter and fold. You don’t want to mix together completely but just lightly blend together. The mixture will be thick and wet with some clumps of cake batter – this is OK.
- Spoon the mixture into the Nordic Ware Fleur De Lis Bundt Pan and fill to about 3/4 full. If you have extra, just place that into a greased and floured loaf pan. Do not overfill the bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until a cake tester comes out almost clean (a few crumbs are OK).
- Allow to cool on a baking rack for 10 minutes.
- Place another cooling rack on top of the bundt cake, and carefully flip over so bottom of the bundt cake and pan are resting on the cooling rack.
- Gently remove the pan and allow to cool completely before cutting or glazing.
Make the glaze
- In a bowl whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and 3 tablespoon of the cream until desired consistency. I like my glaze thicker so I will use only 3 tablespoon For thinner glazes use 4.
I highly recommend the Nordic Ware Fleur De Lis Bundt Pan as it’s gorgeous!
To add more orange flavor add a teaspoon of orange juice to the glaze mixture. Also add some orange zest on top.