One thing I absolutely LOVE about my pressure cooker is that I can whip up a big batch of Perfectly Poached Chicken Breasts in minutes. Once I have the chicken done, I can transform that into a ton of different recipes. This recipe is one that I simply adore as it’s easy, healthy AND delicious!
This is a great go-to dish for a post-workout meal that is filling, packed with protein, low in carbs and did I mention that it’s DELICIOUS?
When you make this you can easily modify the ingredients. You can make this more into a Waldorf type dish by adding nuts into. Don’t like cranberries? Add in dried cherries. For me, since I’m in a serious relationship with avocados, I added a diced up ripe avocado. It adds another level of creaminess to the dish. The apples I really love in this dish as it adds a nice, sweet crunch.
When I made this, I had literally just sat down to start eating when Mr. Fantabulous wandered out to the kitchen. Immediately I heard “HEYYYYYY what’s that? Did you make me one? Don’t I get to eat?” Yes apparently I starve that man. I know, I’m mean. LOL
So up I stood, grabbed him a plate, some lettuce leaves and scooped his in. He did try to grab mine off of my plate but I quickly grabbed my plate and took it over to the counter with me while I prepared his. Wha??? I’m no fool. LOL
I set his down in front of him and started to eat mine. After about halfway through his first one he said “Hey, what is this anyway? It’s pretty good.” I told him it was ‘chicken salad’. I omitted the word ‘skinny’ as telling him that he’s eating something ‘skinny’ immediately would have made him not like it. Yeah I know, psychosomatic but it’s how he is. For him, he didn’t like it in the radicchio cups as they were too bitter for him. Radicchio is naturally more bitter. He loved them in the bibb lettuce cups though.
I’ve made this salad about once a week now for months and seriously just love it. Now if I want to make it not-so-skinny, I’ll toss in some crispy bacon or even put it in a wrap.
So next time you want a great meal where your yoga pants won’t cry, make this!Print
- 4 cups Perfectly Poached Chicken Breasts , shredded or cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or low fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup low fat mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (minced or bite size)
- 2 cups red seedless grapes cut in half
- 1 cup avocado, cubed small
- 1 whole gala apple, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional)
- 1–2 Tbl sunflower seeds
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Radicchio leaves
- In a bowl whisk together the sour cream, greek yogurt, salt, pepper and cayenne. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add in the chicken, celery, green onions, grapes, apple pieces and cranberries and toss.
- Pour in the dressing and gently toss.
- Sprinkle with sunflower seeds.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve in lettuce or radicchio leaves.