- Best Pizza Dough
- Assorted Toppings – see note about fresh vegetables
- Follow the instructions on making the Best Pizza Dough.
- Thirty minutes before baking (and the dough is ready), place a Pizza Stone on the lower third rack or invert a metal pan and place on the rack.
- Preheat the oven at 550F for 30 minutes. *if using a Pizza Screen , do not preheat the screen but place the oven rack on the lower third rung.
- If using the pizza stone or inverted pan, stretch out the dough and place on a flour dusted paddle. If you don’t have a paddle stretch out on a flour/corn meal dusted parchment paper.
- Stretch the dough into a 12″ round, thin crust, leaving the outer edge slightly thicker.
- Using a fork, dock the pizza dough. Docking the dough is where you take a fork and prick hole all round the edge of the dough and in the middle (avoid the thin spots) to allow air to vent up through the dough while it bakes. This will help prevent bubbles.
- Bake the dough for 6 minutes and remove the shell from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Once the shell is cooled put the shell on a 12″ Cardboard Cake Round , top with sauce, cheese and toppings.
- Place the prepared pizzas on a cookie pan and place in the freezer uncovered. You want to flash freeze the pizza. It’ll make it easier to wrap later.
- Freeze for one hour, remove from the freezer and double wrap in plastic wrap and foil.
- To bake – preheat the oven to 450F, unwrap the pizza and place the pizza on a screen (do not bake the cardboard round!) or baking stone.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
Certain fresh vegetables do not freeze well raw – mushrooms, zucchini and squash as they have a high water content. I would either saute up the vegetables first, let them cool and then place on the parbaked pizza shell OR when you’re ready to bake, add them fresh raw veggies then.