- 1 1/4 cup wild grain blend rice
- 2 1/2–3 cups stock (chicken, beef, vegetable) *See note as this depends on your pressure cooker
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- pinch of salt
- Rinse the rice and drain.
- Place the rice, stock, rice and butter into the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid and lock. If using a Gas Pressure Cooker, place over high heat and once the pressure cooker is up to temperature, reduce the heat to low to maintain a high pressure and set the timer for 30 minutes. If using an Electric Pressure Cooker, set it to high with a timer of 30 minutes.
- When the timer is done, carefully do a quick release to allow the steam to empty out fast.
- Once all of the steam is released, remove the lid, drain off any excess liquid and fluff. Repeat YOU WILL HAVE LIQUID TO DRAIN OFF.
For the Instant Pot you can reduce the liquid to 2 1/2 cups of stock. But you will have liquid leftover that you will have to strain. This liquid is awesome as a base for chicken and rice soup!