- 1 Loaf of baked cinnamon swirl bread cubed or any enriched bread (bread that has eggs and dairy in it
- 2–3 tablespoon of good cinnamon
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups of Half & Half
- 2–3 teaspoon really good vanilla
- Cinnamon & sugar mixture for sprinkling (see below)
- Real butter
- Real Maple syrup
- Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture
- 2 tablespoon white sugar mixed with 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon. I like a lot of cinnamon so start off with less and add more if you want a more pronounced cinnamon taste.
- Spray an 8×10 GLASS pan with Pam
- Cube bread and put 1/2 of it in the pan
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons of cinnamon over bread
- Add remaining bread and sprinkle with remaining 1.5 tablespoons of cinnamon
- In another bowl mix half & half with vanilla and eggs until blended.
- Pour wet mixture over bread and gently press down so all pieces are wet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge. This MUST sit over night.
- The next morning, remove the plastic wrap and put in a cold oven (middle rack).
- Turn to 350 and bake for 45 minutes or longer (until a knife comes out clean). DO NOT OVERBAKE though!10.
- When it’s done, sprinkle with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Serve with butter and real maple syrup.
This is also really, REALLY good with rum soaked raisins (add 1/2 cup dark rum to 1 1/2 cup raisins. Fill the rest with water just so the raisins are covered. Let sit for 30 minutes. Drain).
I’ve also used toasted pecans in this too. AMAZING!
Want a surprise in it? Add 8 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon in it as you’re assembling it!