- 1/2 cup sour cream (can use greek yogurt to cut calories)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup oil (can use natural apple sauce to cut calories
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
Lemon Syrup Glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Make the bruffin
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat the sourcream, sugar and eggs together in a large bowl.
- Add in the lemon zest, orange zest, vanilla and orange juice. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the flour, salt and baking powder until combined.
- Add oil and mix until the batter is smooth and uniform in structure.
- Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Spray a loaf pan with Pam (or if doing muffins, you can either use the paper liners or not. If you do not, spray each well with Pam).
- For bread bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. For muffins bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- When cooled, drizzle with Lemon Syrup Glaze.
Make the Lemon Syrup Glaze
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, lemon juice, zest and sugar together.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool, about 20 minutes.