- 2 cups AP flour plus more for dusting
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 3–5 Tbl water
- In stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the flour.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to mix.
- Add in 1 Tbl of the olive oil and continue to incorporate all the flour.
- At this point you can add 2-3 Tbl water and mix. Adding 1-2 more Tbl water if necessary. The dough will be stiff and should not be wet/tacky. If it’s that way, add a teensy bit more flour. If it still is crumbly, add a tsp of water at a time.
- Sprinkle some flour on work surface, knead and fold the dough until elastic and smooth, this should take about 10 minutes. Yes, BY HAND!
- Brush the surface with the remaining olive oil and wrap the dough in plastic wrap; let rest for about 30 minutes to allow the gluten to relax.
- Once it’s relaxed, follow the instructions on your pasta maker. That’s the easy and fun part 🙂