- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoon parsley or 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup drained/rinsed black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can green chilis, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped small
- 1 pepper, sliced into strips
- Olive oil
- Enchilada sauce
- Grated sharp cheddar
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade and whisk well.
- Put the meat into a baggie, add the marinade and seal; rubbing the meat with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put a pan on medium and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the chicken cooking 4-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- Test for doneness by using a meat thermometer. Chicken should register at 165.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and add the onions and peppers.
- Saute on medium until the peppers are softened and the onions are translucent.
- Add in the black beans, corn and chilis reducing the heat to low and stirring. Cook for ~3 minutes until you can ‘smell’ the corn cooking.
- Lay a tortilla flat and spread out some cheese in the middle of it.
- Add the veggie mixture down across the cheese.
- Slice up the chicken and layer that across the veggies.
- Ladle ~2-3 tablespoon of enchilada sauce over top.
- Add about 2 tablespoon of sour cream over top of that.
- Sprinkle with a tad more cheese.
- Fold the sides and then roll up tucking the end underneath.
- Place on a pan and drizzle more sauce over top.
- Sprinkle lightly with cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.