- 2 large Oven Baked Russet Potatoes slightly warmed
- 4 teaspoon butter, unsalted
- 4 eggs
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and diced
- 4 tablespoon shredded cheddar
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives or green onions
- Sea Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F, rack in the middle.
- Place the baked potato on its side carefully in half lengthways.
- Using a spoon, make a line going around the inside of the potato about 1/4″ from the edge of the skin. Do not push the spoon all the way down.
- Using a spoon, hollow out the middle of the potato to make a “bowl leaving about a 1/4″ edge all the way around.
- Save the potato filling for another use.
- Place 1 teaspoon of butter in the middle of each tater.
- Next place 1 tablespoon of cheese in each potato skin.
- Next, crack an egg into each potato half being carefully not to break the yolk.
- Top with bacon and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a cookie sheet or pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg whites are set. If you prefer the yolk completely set, then cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, garnish with chives and enjoy!