- 1 cup dutch-process cocoa powder – I used KAF’s double dutch dark cocoa
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, chilled
- 3 1/4 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tbsp chocolate extract
- In a large metal bowl, whisk the cocoa, brown sugar and white sugar removing any clumps.
- While whisking, add in the milk, heavy cream and extract.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into your prepared ice cream maker and process according to the manufacture’s directions
- Now you can eat this in about 20-30 minutes (however long your machine takes) but if you want it scoopable, I’d freeze it for at least an hour. I did 2 hours and it was firm enough to scoop.