- 2 teaspoon rapid-rising dry yeast
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 2–3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1–2 teaspoon Pizza seasoning or dried oregano and basil
- 4–5 large roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/4” slices.
- 1 6-7” round piece of fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into1/4” slices
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into slivers (chiffonade cut)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the herbed oil.
- Cover and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, proof the yeast by combining it with the warm water and sugar. Stir gently to dissolve.
- Let stand for 5-7 minutes or until foam appears and it bubbles.
- Add the flour to the dough and mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the olive oil and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add in the salt and turn the mixer to medium. Mix for 7-8 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. If it’s sticky, add flour as necessary.
- Remove the dough from mixer and put in a greased bowl/bucket.
- If using a bucket, close the lid (make sure it’s a large bucket). If not, cover with plastic wrap and let double in size (about 45 minutes).
- Take a sheet pan (jelly roll pan) and drizzle with a little olive oil. Spread around.
- Sprinkle with corn meal.
- When the dough is doubled, turn it out onto the pan.
- Stretch it out so it’s evenly distributed on the pan and in the corners.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Uncover the dough and gently dimple with your fingertips.
- Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Pizza Seasoning.
- Bake in the middle rack for 18-20 minutes. You just want it partially baked.
- Put oven to 450F.
- Remove from the oven and add a piece of mozzarella, slice of tomato and few strips of basil.
- Repeat until the entire pizza is covered.
- Drizzle the herbed oil over top of the vegetables.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sea salt (sprinkle over top).
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is just melted.
- Remove from oven and cut.
- *If you want the crust to be crispy, when you remove it from the oven, using a pizza peel place the cooked pizza directly on the rack for 1-2 minutes. Watch as you don’t want to burn it.