- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of Beer ‘n BBQ Shredded Chicken
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat 1” of water to a boil.
- Add in the patty pan squash and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Boil for 8 minutes.
- While they are boiling, prepare your stuffing.
- Add 1 cup cooked quinoa with your chicken and cheddar.
- When cool to the touch, cut off the tops angling the tip of your knife inwards (think like how you would carve the top of a pumpkin.
- Gently scoop out the seeds and the flesh ensuring that you don’t go through the bottom or the sides.
- Fill each squash with filling creating a slight mound on top.
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over each and bake for 20 minutes or until a knife pierces the side of the squash easily.
You can easily adapt this to your tastes.
1 cup add-ins – diced broccoli, peppers, onions, shredded chicken/beef, cheeses, etc…