- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup milk (to make it super decadent use heavy cream but then you negate it from being healthy)
- 1 1/2 Tbl sugar
- 1 Tbl Cocoa Powder (I prefer King Arthur Dough Dutch Cocoa)
- 1–2 Tbl dark chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, mix oats, milk (cream), sugar and cocoa powder.
- Bring just to a boil over medium high heat, stirring frequently. – just to where the edges are starting to boil. You don’t want a full rolling boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the milk is almost gone and the oats are soft.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowls and garnish with the dark chocolate chips.
You can adjust your sugar for taste. I ended up sprinkling about a tsp of sugar on top when it was done to counter the richness of the chocolate.