- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 Tbl confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbl unsalted utter
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- 5 ounces melted milk chocolate
- 3/4 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Make the ganache
- Put the chocolate pieces in a bowl. Heat the cream over medium heat just until it starts to get bubbles around the edges.
- Immediately remove it from the heat and pour it over the chocolate pieces.
- Let it sit for 30 seconds and then stir slowly. As you stir, gradually add the rest of the chocolate pieces until they are all melted and the mixture is emulsified. This takes about 2 minutes. You want it super smooth and shiny.
- Allow to come to room temperature and then pop in the fridge for an hour.
Make the Buckeyes
- Stir together peanut butter, confectioners sugar, unsalted butter, the crushed pretzels.
- Take the well chilled ganache from the fridge and scoop into 1 tsp sized balls.
- Grab a 1” portion of the peanut butter pretzel mixture.
- Make a well in the middle and put the ganache ball inside.
- Form the pretzel mixture around it into roughly 1″ balls.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Melt chocolate over low heat. Dip balls into melted milk chocolate, and refrigerate until set.
For other awesome tips on using Ganache, check this out!