- White Sanding Sugar r or regular sugar for finer grain
- Gel Food Coloring (I don’t recommend liquid)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cornstarch
- Heavy duty zip top baggie
- Cookie sheet lined with waxed paper
- Pour 1 cup of sugar into the baggie.
- Add a drop or two of color.
- Remove the air from the baggie and seal shut.
- Begin by kneading in the color to the sugar. If using coarse sparkling sugar be gentle to not break the crystals.
- Break up the clumps as you go.
- Check out the color and if more is needed add another drop; continue until desired color is achieved.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of cornstarch to the baggie and knead in. Gel paste tends to make sugar sticky. This won’t affect the flavor or the color. It’ll just help dry it out.
- Empty the sugar on to the lined cookie sheet and let air dry for about 30 minutes.
- Store in air tight containers or jars
I personally use and LOVE these: