- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot chili sauce (found in the Asian aisle)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chili sauce
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl using your hands. Be careful not to overwork it. You just want to blend it together.
- Heat medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add the oil.
- While the oil is heating up, form the patties (4-6 burgers).
- When you form the patties make an indent in the top of each burger in the middle. This will help them to not form like footballs.
- Cook the burgers 5-6 minutes on one side.
- Check to see if it’s a dark golden brown.
- Flip the burgers and cook another 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature equals 165F.
- To make the sauce mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- To serve, put the burger on a toasted sesame bun and top with the sweetened chili lime sauce.
If you don’t like turkey, this would so work with ground chicken, beef or Ohhhhhhhhh even in a shrimp burger! OMG! YES!!!