- 12–16 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 12 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded (reserved for end)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese plus an additional 2 Tbl reserved for end
- 1 Tbl parsley Flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups Italian Gravy or Simple Italian Marinara
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Cook the lasagna noodles for 8 minutes (just slightly al dente).
- Set aside to drain.
- While the lasagna is draining, mix the ricotta, egg, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, parsley and pepper. Combine well.
- Ladle 1 cup of marinara sauce into the bottom of a ceramic or glass pan. Spread the sauce around. You want about a 1/2-3/4” thick layer.
- Lay out a noodle and spread a thin layer of the cheese mixture on top.
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce next.
- Starting at the end closest to you, roll the noodle up and place seam side down in the pan.
- Repeat for the other noodles.
- Take the remaining sauce and drizzle over top of the shells.
- Cover with foil and set the pan on a cookie sheet before you put it into the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove the foil.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Put it back into the oven uncovered for 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Garnish with fresh oregano.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes then serve.
Now if you wanted you could easily add in 1 cup of thawed, WELL DRAINED, spinach to the cheese mixture and make Florentine Lasagna Roll Ups.
You could add thinly diced cooked breaded chicken breasts and make Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Roll Ups.