- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, warmed
- 12 slices regular cut bacon
- 18 – 20 thick pretzels (I used Homestyle)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line a pan with foil and place a metal backing rack on top.
- Lightly spray the rack with cooking spray.
- Mix together the brown sugar, cayenne and chili powder.
- Cut the bacon in half and then dredge the piece in the seasoning.
- Wrap each piece around the pretzel pulling tight but not tight enough to break the pretzel.
- Lay the pretzel down, where the end is tucked underneath to help prevent curling.
- Once all the pretzels are wrapped take the remaining strips of bacon, dredge in the seasoning and place them on the baking rack too. These pieces will be used as the bacon crunchies. If you don’t want them, just wrap more pretzels.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon is cooked. Do not overcook as you’ll burn the pretzels.
- While the pretzels are baking, take a piece of parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Remove the pretzels from the oven and carefully (they will be hot) transfer them to the parchment paper to cool. They will be sticky but will harden upon cooling.
- While the pretzels are cooling, put the cooling rack in hot soapy water to help with cleaning up the rack.
- Take the extra pieces and break them up into small bacon crunchies pieces.
- Drizzle the pretzels with melted chocolate and allow to cool until the chocolate is set.
- Drizzle then with the melted peanut butter.
- Allow that to cool slightly, ~2-3 minutes.
- Top with Bacon Crunchies.
- Store in an air tight container and if not eating right away, store in the fridge.
To help simplify clean up, as these are cooling, fill your sink up with hot soapy water. Remove the bacon from the racks and immediately put your cooling racks in the water. Let soak for 5-10 minutes and clean up is a breeze! *Note – make sure your cooling racks can be submerged in water first!