- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup short grain white rice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbl oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1 Tbl Worcestershire
- 3 Tbl reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbl fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
- 2 Tbl brown sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1lb ground chicken
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped plus extra for garnish
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves, washed
- Crispy fried noodles
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring the water, salt, and rice to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the rice from the heat and let sit, covered, until tender, another 10-15 minutes.
- Whisk the oyster sauce, Worcestershire, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, and cornstarch together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat add the oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add the chicken, sriracha sauce and lime zest and cook, breaking up the meat into small pieces.
- Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is no longer pink, re-whisk the sauce mixture to recombine and add it to the skillet.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium-high heat or until the sauce has thickened, a minute or two.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions.
- To serve place a scoop of the rice in the center of the lettuce cup, top with a spoonful of the chicken mixture.
- Garnish with additional green onions and crispy fried noodles.
If you wanted you could add 1/4 diced water chestnuts, 1/4 cup diced bamboo shoots and 1/4 cup minced carrot shards