- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Asiago
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 heaping tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1/2–1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 cup Hefeweizen wheat beer
- In a food processor fitted with a coarse shredder attachment, grate the cheddar, Asiago and mozzarella.
- Remove the shredder attachment and fit the food processor with the blade attachment.
- Add the garlic, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, black pepper, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and pulse to combine.
- With the processor running, slowly pour in the beer, blending until a smooth mixture forms.
- Transfer the beer cheese to a serving bowl.
- Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours or up to overnight (the longer it sits the more the flavors will develop).
- This can be eaten hot or cold. If you want it heated, remove the plastic wrap and bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until all melty and gooey. I personally prefer it hot.
This goes great with crackers, pretzels, on toast points (This is AWESOME spread on toast and then fried egg on top!)