- 1 large avocado
- 2 small eggs
- 2 sliced of bacon, cooked then crumbled or 4 pieces cooked and left whole
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon cheddar cheese
- 2 pieces of crusty, toasted buttered bread
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Crack the eggs in a medium bowl being mindful not to break the yolks.
- Cut avocado in half and carefully remove seed.
- Take a spoon and gently hull out the hole the seed was in so it’s big enough to hold the yolk and some of the white. Try not to make the sides or bottom too thin.
- Place two ramekins on a baking tray. You want to use ramekins that you can place the avocado down in without too much side-to-side tilt. You want the avocado to be flat. You can cut just a small sliver off of the bottom to keep it from tiling.
- Using a slotted spoon, gently scoop out one of the yolks and place it into the hole of the avocado. Do this for each avocado half.
- Next, take a small spoon to carefully spoon some of the egg whites into the avocado hole till it’s full. You most likely will have left over egg whites, save these for another use.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and fresh cracked black pepper to each egg.
- Top with 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese.
- Gently place the tray in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or just until your yolk is set but still runny. If you want, you can bake up to 18 minutes to have a fully cooked yolk and egg whites.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven and sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.
- Place 2 strips of bacon forming an ‘X’ pattern on the toast.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out the breakfast avocado and lay it down on the toast.
- Gently push down, breaking the yolk and spread the avocado and egg onto the toast.
- Now open up and say YUMMMM!!!
To mix it up, you could down a piece of prosciutto or baked ham down first before you put in the egg. Bake as normal.
You could put in fresh spinach down, the egg yolk and some Asiago Cheese.
You could saute up some peppers and onions (just about 1 tablespoon of them), place in the avocado first then the egg and bake. When it’s done, top with salsa!