- 1 1/2 cups almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups Homemade Luscious Caramel Sauce, warmed to a pourable state
- 3 cups milk chocolate, rough chopped – see note
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, rough chopped – see note
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate, rough chopped – see note
- 1–2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add the almonds and cook for 5- 7 minutes stirring frequently. You’ll know they are done when they just lightly turn in color and you can smell the ‘nuttiness’.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Line a metal 9×13” pan or a jelly roll pan with parchment paper ensuring that the sides extend up 1”.
- In a large glass bowl over a simmer pan water (ensuring the bowl does not touch the water), add 1/2 of your chocolates (you want to combine all 3 types of chocolates into this melt. If it’s easier, just place all of your chocolates in a big bowl first then measure in half of that into the glass bowl). As the chocolate melts add more chocolate in increments until all the chocolate has been added and you have a smooth melted consistency.
- Carefully grab your glass bowl of chocolate (you may need a pot holder) slowly pour 1/2-2/3 of the chocolate into the parchment lined pan.
- Set the bowl down and gently jiggle the chocolate pan side to side to spread out evenly.
- Take your caramel sauce and drizzle over top of the melted chocolate.
- Top with the toasted almonds and gently press down slightly.
- Drizzle the remaining chocolate on top.
- Top with sea salt.
- Allow to cool completely (to speed up the setting time, pop in the fridge for at least 30 minutes).
- When completely cool, pick up by the parchment paper and set on a large cutting board.
- Break bar in pieces and store in an air tight container.
For the chocolate you want melting chocolate not chocolate chips. I would use chocolate bars that you have to chop up or melting discs.
Yes, you can add cooked bacon to this if you want. I would taste the cooked bacon first to see how salty it is.
You can use other nuts but I think almonds work best in this.