- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-2 teaspoon Sriracha Chili sauce *the extra teaspoon is optional as it depends on your spice level tolerance
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine brown sugar, Sriracha sauce and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place a wire cooling rack on top.
- Spray the rack with cooking spray.
- Place the pieces of bacon on top of the rack trying not to overlap.
- Microwave the spice mixture for 15-20 seconds until it’s spreadable.
- Spoon or brush the mixture on top of the bacon.
- Place in oven and cook for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the bacon.
- Reheat the spice mixture. If necessary add the water to help make it spreadable.
- Spoon or brush the mixture on top of the bacon
- Return to the oven and cook for 13 minutes.
- If the bacon is not crispy enough (remember it’ll crisp up as it cools), flip the bacon over, spoon any remaining spice mixture and bake for a few more minutes. OR you can broil for 1 minute each side but watch as this will burn.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool 1 minute on the rack and then using cooking tongs, remove the bacon from the rack and plate.
Srirarcha Hot Chili Sauce is typically found in the Asian section of your supermarket or in specialty shops.
To help simplify clean up, as these are cooling, fill your sink up with hot soapy water. Remove the bacon from the racks and immediately put your cooling racks in the water. Let soak for 5-10 minutes and clean up is a breeze! *Note – make sure your cooling racks can be submerged in water first!